Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a fabulous week we have had. I think the high light of the week was Wednesday’s Show & Tell. For those that forgot, Preston brought three sock puppets that he was glad to share (his idea … how sweet). Bryce & Cooper brought pianos so we had a lot of fun making music … Sandra really had a lot of fun with the pianos. LOL! Aaron was very proud of his Polo shirt pointing to the “P”. We had race cars from Jett and a police car that was a real hit for Walker. We had a panda bear dressed as Batman from Carter and raisin cookies that Preston and his mom made. After so much play with our personal items and eating the yummy raisin cookies, we went to the table to review P, Q, & R with our letter item tubs and large letter stories.


On Monday’s Bible day we talked about another parable, the prodigal son (or the lost son) from Luke 15. This is one of my favorite of all Jesus’ stories and it’s such an important lesson for young children. It demonstrates the forever love of our Father God in such a tender way. We all make mistakes and wander away from God and sometimes even from our own moms and dads. Loving us so completely and hoping we will make wise choices, they are always there to embrace us and love us when we come back to express how sorry we are about what we have done. We practice this same concept regularly here with the children. Not a day goes by that someone doesn’t have to take a little time out to think about how they have hurt one of their little friends in play and then tell that friend how sorry they are and exchange hugs. We’ve got some really sweet kids and they truly love each other. I enjoy watching as they discover some of God’s life principals. I’m blessed every day I’m with them.

Thursday’s Math day was all about the number “6”. We are working very hard on recognition of numbers and letters and starting to write as we learn. It’s all a process and the toddlers are all doing well. Emma and Walker are doing well in a little group of their own. I’m taking some special time with the two of them for a scaled down version of the things the toddlers do every day. We’re concentrating on counting, sorting and color recognition. They are very eager and precious.

This week our school work folders go home. Please remember to return the empty folder on Monday. In the folder you will find a green copy of our March calendar. Additional calendar is at my desk and/or in your child’s cubby. We finished our food pyramid collage which was a really great project and they are in the folder. I told the children to use it at home as their placemat at the family dining table. They are all anxious to tell you about the food groups, etc. Also we transplanted the window garden beans to dirt cups and they are coming home. This has been a busy month and we’ve had a lot of fun.

I finally downloaded the pics I’ve been taking for a few months and thought I would send some your way under subsequent emails. Stephanie, perhaps you could download these pics to the blog with previous weekly emails.



Thank you, as always, for allowing me to care for your child.

No comments:

Blog Archive