Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another great week. On Monday we talked about the Lord’s prayer. The disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray and so He taught them the Lord’s prayer which is not only a wonderful prayer in and of itself but more importantly serves as the pattern of how we each should pray. We memorized the first line of the Lord’s prayer realizing that we are to honor God (hallowed be Thy name) placing Him in the position of the most holy and wonderful of all in our lives. Our children participate in all the prayers that we “recite” but they also have opportunities to pray their own personal prayer of thanksgiving many times throughout the week. Scripture tells us we are to pray at all times so it is my goal to teach these children that prayer is our easy way of talking to God all the time because he wants to be good friends with us. I teach your child as a person who just loves Jesus and I pray it is quality they each want to emulate.

Our Science day was exciting as we played with magnets. The magnetic force is mysterious and seems like magic. We discovered magnets attract only objects that contain iron … something we cannot really see. Yet, by playing with magnets repeatedly and experiencing how magnets act, the children found that magnets are predictable reacting in the same way with the same object each and every time. We had a lot of fun with the scientific method of making a hypothesis and guessing what they think would happen and testing it with several different objects. Afterwards, we always ask ourselves, “Is that what you thought would happen?” Science day is always a lot of fun.

Our letter this week was O and we discovered it is very similar to Zero and Circle. We had lots of practice making the circular shape for O’s and Zeros. We continue to work on our Outer Space Count Down book this week completing 5 clouds, 4 moons and 3 satellites. Painting and scissor practice on Thursday and Friday.

A sad announcement … Davis and his family are moving to Flower Mound and Davis will be moving on to another daycare as Grandma’s House is way out of the way for Mom and Dad’s drive to work. I will truly miss Davis and his whole family having had them as my customers through two Jones kids … Grace & Davis not to mention the blessings I’ve received through having known such sweet parents. Fortunately, Emma Fischer requested to come back as soon as I had an opening so she will take the vacancy. Bitter sweet … I’m losing my sweet Davis but gaining our little Emma. The change takes place on Monday, February 8th.

I would like to encourage all the parents to notice the daffodil bulbs that are coming up in the flower bed at the daycare door. These are the bulbs your toddler children planted last fall. Currently these little green shoots stand approximately 3 inches tall. They are going to be very pretty when they bloom in a few weeks. The children (and I) are very excited to see our planting success! (Unlike last year’s lima bean seeds that bombed which we will try again in March! LOL!) Other upcoming attractions include a new ant farm and a butterfly habitat in which we will observe the various stages of butterfly before they emerge as a beautiful butterfly ready for us to release them on a warm spring day. Lots of fun things coming in the soon to come spring season of growth and life … my favorite season.

I’ve started taking pictures again. It really got away from me during my rehabilitation but I’m back in the game now and taking tons of pics. I’ll post several on the website very soon.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Blog Archive