Friday, March 13, 2009

Second week in March right on the heels of daylight savings time. Children’s schedules were off just a bit but nothing too much to get through. Monday’s literacy day was about the letter “T”. Tuesday’s match day was about the “star” shape. Lots of table time crafts and small motor skill practice. This is such a great group with ever growing social skills. We went outside Monday morning only this week as it was just too cold and then rainy. Praise God for our nice big daycare room which prevents us from getting cabin fever.

Wednesday’s green color day was a huge success. I always want to thank you, the parents, for helping us to have a fun filled color day with your faithful participation. Not only is it another aspect of learning colors but the children are proud to stand/sit in front of the group and talk about their item of show … not to mention learning the ever needed art of sharing. Fun is always had on these days. Thank you, again.

Our Bible story this week was about the Prodigal Son. There once was a man with two sons. They lived on a good farm with many servants. The younger son should have been happy, but he wasn’t. He wanted to live his life his own way instead of doing what his father wanted. He asked his father to give him his share of his inheritance and he left to have fun on his own. After a while he had no more money and no one wanted to be his friend. And then it was hard to find food to eat. The young son had to get a job feeding pigs. But the man was so hungry even the pig food looked good to eat. Finally the son realized how wrong he had been. He decided to go back to his father. After a long, long walk, the younger son got close to home. He looked toward the house and saw something very strange. His father had left the house and was running to meet him! The father came running up to him, threw his arms around him, and kissed him! The younger son was so sorry and apologized to his father. The father had a party to celebrate his younger son coming back to him. Jesus told this story to teach an important lesson. God loves every one of us, even when we have done something wrong, like the younger son. God is like the father, God loves us and forgives us when we are sorry for doing wrong and is right there with open arms to welcome us home. Aren’t you glad God is so loving and forgiving of us.

Thursday we had such fun looking at life cycles of various insects and amphibians. Worms arrived in the mail for our worm farm. The kids had a ball looking and playing with the worms as we loaded them into their new home. LOL! The worms are sleeping now in their dark environment but ask your child to show you our worm farm in the morning or next week. Only our brave Jet would touch the worms with Ms. Karen.

On Thursday afternoon and Friday I am away from daycare at a women’s retreat in Athens called “Walk to Emmaus”. I will be there till Sunday night. In my absence Ms Samantha will take my place and lead the children in the calendar scheduled activities. During this three day experience I will have absolutely no contact with the outside world … no cell phone, radio, TV, no watch or clock, etc. The only way Dave can get in touch with me is through my sponsor by telephone. The strategy is to facilitate and environment in which there are no encumbrances or disturbances to get in the way of worshiping God. I have been looking forward to this for a long time and am so anxious to see what God has in store for me. I ask that, as you think about it throughout the weekend, if you could remember me in your prayers. Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” I am really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I’m sending this email out early, I can say I’m sure the kids will have a good day with Samantha. She has several years of daycare experience working with two and three year olds so I know they will have fun.

Have a blessed weekend. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Blog Archive