Saturday, July 12, 2008

Greetings,

This has been an interesting & eventful week. Ms. Sandra was on vacation Tues, Weds, & Thurs. My middle daughter, Stacy, worked in Sandra’s absence bringing Zachary with her. Also, my granddaughter, Emily, has been with us this week. Gavin was out sick a few days while Ava & Sloane were out visiting grandmother and Ava sick all week. So, although it looked like a lot with everyone being in the toddler group, we were never over ratio … yeah!!!!!! But Stacy got a work out. LOL!

We had water play on Tuesday & Friday and had a lot of fun with the ladybug sprinkler, water hose spray nozzle and the water bottles. This week we played with the puzzles, blocks and did lots and lots of reading.

I am working on our plan for September through May of next year. I’m very excited about the topics I have developed. This year, I will incorporate sign language into our activities with the babies after eight months and with all the toddlers. Sandra and I are working to become comfortable with it. Beginning in September we will introduce 3 to 4 words per month. I am excited.

I have a wonderful announcement. I have mentioned to several of you about the room addition we are adding to the back on the house for daycare. It is now official. We signed the papers with the contractor Thursday evening. So I can now make my official announcement to you. I have attached an Excel spreadsheet showing to scale the 22’ x 25’ layout. As you look at the drawing, the existing house is to the bottom. There will be two outside doors to the back yard and four large windows for lots of light. Each square on the spreadsheet represents one square foot. As you look around the room you see lots of room for a reading center, center for blocks/manipulatives, a science center and a center for dramatic play. I have purchased a great children’s kitchen and a children’s tool/workbench for the dramatic play area. I have also purchased art easels, dress up costumes, additional play tables and much more. I also plan to have two computer work stations using Fisher Price computer fun for toddlers. A large closet and bathroom as well.

Construction will begin within 30 days and be completed approximately 120 days thereafter. As soon as it is necessary, we will erect a temporary fence in the front yard for continued outside play. Unfortunately the large tree in the back yard must be removed. That will happen this next week. I anticipate no negative effect on the children. Business will continue on as usual.

Infants will continue to be cared for where they currently are with enough space in the addition for a partitioned play space for infants when needed.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to talk to me about it. The spacious room and the many additional features are going to allow me to provide an even higher quality daycare service. I hope you will be pleased.

Have a great weekend.

Blessings to all.

No comments:

Blog Archive