Thursday, January 1, 2009

Monday and Tuesday were filled with review of letters and sounds, shapes and numbers, and lots of hugs and cuddles as we talked about our Christmas celebrations. The music center was the new addition this week. Maracas, xylophones, bells, rhythm sticks, keyboard, and drums together made for some “lovely” music. LOL Wednesday was a day of play, play, play.

This last week in 2008 we finally had a suitable climate to allow us to play in our new back yard. The children had so much fun discovering their new play area. It has truly been fun this month with each and every new introduction of our new daycare and surroundings. But alas our first day out was not without incident. Poor Bryce cut his finger on “something” and I had to call Daddy. No stitches but enough to be a bit of an Ouch! I think I was more upset than anyone for it having happened in the first place on my watch.

Each January 1st I am required to update my handbook and obtain from each child’s parent an acknowledgement of receiving that handbook as well as a new enrollment form. These documents were emailed but are also posted on the blog in the left menu under Web Albums. This is also the time I ask for an updated immunization record for each child. Please return all forms and record by January 15th.

To all parents of two year olds or those about to be two years old: Don’t forget to work with you child at home with the potty training. We are going to make this a focus early in January. Potty training must start at home, though, with regular trips to the potty, frequent talk and reminders. Please let me know if you think your child is ready and if you have started the effort at home first.

Please remember to bring your art folders back on Monday. We have a fun month planned for January entitled “Nursery Rhymes – A World Of Make Believe”. Our color will be blue with Color Day on the 14th. I hope to have all our pictures for 2008 posted over the New Year holidays.

Have a safe and Happy New Year. God bless you and your families.

No comments:

Blog Archive